Sunday, May 3, 2009

Google Maps Pissing Off People

I really don't know which way I stand on this issue. I can see it from both sides. Although I guess I lean more to the defense of Google. Honestly I only sped read the article so I may be missing the whole fucking point.
But historical information should be shared. History belongs to all of us. I think we all agree on that.
Excerpt:
The maps date back to the country's feudal era, when shoguns ruled and a strict caste system was in place. At the bottom of the hierarchy were a class called the "burakumin," ethnically identical to other Japanese but forced to live in isolation because they did jobs associated with death, such as working with leather, butchering animals and digging graves.

Click for full story

1 comment:

  1. guess nobody wants their dirty little secrets aired. Doesn't matter what nationality, ethnic group or culture. Selective history is easier to live with than blasting truths.

    ReplyDelete